Thursday, August 7, 2008

By Small and Simple Things...

It's been quite a while since I've posted about anything and I will play catch up, but first I want to write about a recent experience that Dylan and I have been able to have. We feel very blessed to have so many missionary experiences as a family. We love this gospel. Our knowledge of our Father in Heaven and His plan for us is the reason for our peace and happiness. It is the center of every decision we make and is the reason we have such a blessed life. So of course when the missionaries called Dylan a few weeks ago asking if we could pick up a lady and her kids for church, he immediately said yes. Her car had just broke down, she is a single mother and she didn't have any way to get to church. We both spoke in sacrament meeting that morning so we just had to wake up a little earlier to make sure that everything was in order to leave early for church. Michelle and her kids were ready and waiting for us. The kids were reluctant to go in because it was new and there were lots of people that they didn't know. After much effort they came in and sat with us. Dylan and I both spoke and felt like it went well. That week we went out of town for 2 1/2 weeks and when we came back we learned that the family wanted to be baptized. Michelle told the missionaries that she had been praying and was waiting for her answers to come. As she was sitting in sacrament meeting listening to our talks her answers came. She has asked Dylan to confirm her and her children and for me to speak at the baptism. We were shocked and feel very honored to be a part of such an important step in their lives. They have started the new member discussions at our house. I get to teach her son in primary and they are so excited about being baptized on Saturday. I'm happy that we are instruments in the Lord's hands. The Lord works in mysterious and miraculous ways. What a blessing!!!

3 comments:

The Mills Family said...

Thanks for sharing Leslie! The Lord truly works in mysterious ways! How neat that you were able to have such an affect on this lady and her family FOREVER and have such a missionary experience!

Davis Family said...

This is such a neat story. You are so great at sharing the gospel...I should know, I have first hand experience. :)

Karina & John Calderwood said...

I can't wait to hear how the baptism went. I really wanted to be there as well. The Sunday that you spoke, I introduced myself to her and asked her if she was visiting. She said "No, I am actually going to get baptized". Later that night we talked to the missionaries and told them what she said and they were so excited. Thanks for being an example! See you next week!


The Whole Herd