Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Our New Dwelling Place

It has taken me a while to put up some pictures of our new little place we call home now because my desktop completely crashed. I'm not a big fan of Dell's. So for now I am taking a break from the Internet but not exactly by choice. We have been trying to keep busy and have some fun outside. I prayed and prayed and prayed that I would make friends quickly here. From the day that we knew that we would be moving I started praying about it. I truly believe that the Lord has answered my prayers. The Clarkston 1st ward is wonderful. I have had many girls from the ward invite us to dinner, the park, swimming, etc. They have been so generous and kind. A friend of mine grew up here and had made a bunch of phone calls to let them know that we were coming and they were literally looking for us every Sunday for 2 weeks before we got here. I have never experienced a community/ward that looks out for each other like this one does. It's a quiet community that has so much life to it. The river constantly has fishermen, water skiing, jet skiing and people running and mountain biking everywhere. One of the biggest nuisances around here is all the deer. I can think of much worse. They bed down right in your yard. It's hard to grow and garden here because the deer come and eat everything. How cool is that? I seriously think that the majority of my family would love this area. My dad would be in heaven!!!
We had a bbq last night and invited 3 families over. Emily was soooo excited. She officially feels like she has someone to call our friends here. If she ever hears the doorbell ring she jumps up saying "my friends!" to no avail. But last night her friends finally came to see her. All of the kids played so well together. I was very pleasantly surprised. It was a fun night. I love having get togethers like that.
So, I just got called into the primary and Dylan is the Elder's Quorum secretary. I have started to take Katelyn to nursery the last hour of church and she has loved it. As long as she is distracted when I leave she does great. I love to come back and get her because she is so excited to see me. She's not technically suppose to be in nursery until August but they said that it was completely fine because she was so good. YEAH!!! We were to the point where we would have to roam the halls instead of sit through class. It was getting a little frustrating.



The Office. A desk for Dylan and one for me.
This is our kitchen. I doesn't have very much storage space but it doesn't lack in square footage.
The other half of the kitchen. And yes, that is a couch in our kitchen. We had one sitting in the garage and since there was so much space, why not.
This is our view. That is the Snake river and there are boats on it all day long. Dylan wants a boat so bad. The DeckThis is basically our backyard. Baseball is BIG here and everyone plays. I've never seen so many Mariner's fans. Even the women here talk baseball. I need to study up on this since I know NOTHING about baseball.

7 comments:

staci baker said...

Wow, so beautiful! I can TOTALLY relate to feeling apprehensive about moving to a new place and finding friends. It's hard! I'm SO GLAD that people have been welcoming to you. I know from being the newcomer so often that I'll always look out for new people when we're settled! I love the pictures of Emily's dancing, too. She's just beautiful!

Karina & John Calderwood said...

We are all so glad that your little family has moved to the valley! btw - I couldn't view the pics of your most recent post. Am I not "cool" enough? :)

Naylor Family said...

Hey Les, the pictures didn't come through..am I retarted???

Tami said...

It is so nice te hear that you have a had a good experience with your new adventure so far. I love it when a ward totally embraces you when you move in. That is to cool.
I couldn't see the pics either.

pon02003 said...

For some reason I can see the pictures only on my computer. I linked them from a family website that I posted them on before my computer crashed. I'll try to figure it out. Sorry!

Tanya said...

leslie-

it's tanya! i found your blog and was so excited. i love emily's dance pictures. she looks like a little angel. how cute! hope you guys are doing well in your new place. it sure sounds like it! i am adding you to my friends list on my blog :o) i am excited that i can check in whenever i want! www.treyandlucy.blogspot.com

Erin Darrington said...

Congrats on the great ward, it's so nice to feel at home somewhere. I can't believe how big and beautiful your girls are getting!
Erin (McBride) Darrington


The Whole Herd