Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Emily's Birthday Party 12-20-08


Since Emily's actual birthday is on Christmas we won't ever get to do her big party with friends on her actual birthday. This has caused a little bit of confusion but she's not complaining because her birthday seems to drag on forever. She just asked me if we are going to get a Christmas tree for Katelyn's birthday. Very cute of her but there has still been a problem separating the two. She wanted a barbie dress up party this year. So we did a "Barbie and the Diamond Castle" theme party. She decided that she wanted to wear her Snow White dress since she didn't really have a barbie dress. Not knowing that one of her presents was a tutu that I made for her and Katelyn picked out a barbie crown to give to Emily to complete the outfit. So first thing she did when she woke up was put on her Snow White dress for her birthday. She chose to have eggs and a banana for breakfast and after she ate she got to open one present which was her dress up outfit. We usually let them open their presents first thing in the morning so that they can play with them all day but Dylan got called into a surgery and had to leave EARLY that morning and didn't get back until the afternoon. Emily and Katelyn took a nice long bath and then put on their party tutus. They were so excited for the party to start. I was not quite sure what I was going to do being left to run a birthday party with 10 kids and a pinata. I figured I would just have to let go of the idea of getting any pictures at all and I was second guessing doing the pinata at all because of safety reasons. Luckily my neighbor stayed for the party and took pictures and helped out with everything. Emily has been asking for a pinata for 2 years now so I finally got one for this year and the little boy that came who was the Dark Knight saved the day. After everybody got 3 turns I let the Dark Knight just go at it with the bat. He felt very special and I told him that I didn't know what we would have done if he wasn't there. I know that he felt weird coming to a barbie party and being the only boy but I'm glad he came because he is one of Emily's favorite friends. We played put the diamond on the princess crown, opened presents, ate cake and ice cream and then broke the pinata. I think that overall fun was had by all. Dylan got home and after Katelyn woke up Em finished opening up the rest of her presents and stayed busy playing with all her new toys. Louie loved chasing the girls in their tutus. I actually have to put him to bed anytime they put them on so that he doesn't rip them up.
I can't believe that I have a 4 year old. She is such a great daughter and takes her role as big sister very seriously. She is so excited about life and learning. She loves friends and LOVES movies. She loves rhyming and thinking up words that start with the same letters. She loves singing and dancing and teaching Katelyn everything and correcting her when she thinks that she isn't doing something the right way. Being the first born puts a lot of responsibility on her and I hope that she always feels special because of her role in our family. She has forever changed my life and I love being her mother. She is very easy to love and wants to be such a good girl. I love my little girl and thank my Heavenly Father for allowing me to be her mother everyday. She fills our home with so much love and is full of hugs and kisses. I hope that she always wants to try to please us but more importantly that she understands the importance of pleasing her Father in Heaven. She loves going to church and learning about her Savior, Jesus Christ. I hope that she always has that desire and builds a strong foundation for her life because she is such a special little girl.










1 comment:

Karina & John Calderwood said...

I just wanted to say that the pic of the girls on the couch with their tutu's is SO frameable!


The Whole Herd