Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Our Trip to Deer Lodge 8-18-09



We have been busy doing MANY projects at our house and right now it is installing our wood floor. This has been quite the project!!! So, even though it was my birthday this week, the girls and I loaded up the car and headed to Deer Lodge to visit Uncle Brent's family. We hadn't seen them since Thanksgiving and had never met baby Elizabeth. We had lots of fun hanging out and getting to know each other better. The girls are great little travelers and Ava slept clear 'til the last 30 minutes of the trip BOTH ways. What a good baby. We visited the old prison but mostly just enjoyed each others company. Katelyn and Ben were having a bit of a power struggle because Katelyn insisted that Elizabeth was her baby. She is so loving and wanted to take care of her but Ben needed her to know that Elizabeth was HIS baby sister. Completely understandable if you ask me. The kids played really well together and the big girl cousins were so sweet to include the younger ones. Karen and I were busy removing wall paper and other necessary things from their new home. It's always a process to make a home look and feel like your own. It was a nice break to do some projects on someone else's home and get out of mine. The night before my birthday Karen made a YUMMY dinner of steak and potatoes, my favorite. I'm definitely an Idaho girl. I left the next morning on my birthday but before I left they sang Happy Birthday and I blew out a candle on a chocolate chip cookie. :) Thank you Brent and Karen for having us and making us feel so welcome. It was so much fun we'll just have to do it again.











No comments:


The Whole Herd