Tuesday, September 11, 2007

9/11

I don't want to ever forget this day. I remember it so vividly. I was walking from my seminary class over to the gym to meet my friend. He looked concerned and told me what he heard. He had family members that he was worried about and asked me to take him home. Knowing that we couldn't do anything about it I went to my fly tying class and just stared at the television screne. I remember the feelings that I had and the whirlwind of emotions. I was shocked. It was a sad and sobering day. More than the bad, I remember the good that came from all this evil. I never felt more proud to live in this country. The generous people who gave of their time and money to do all that they could to help. The unity was amazing! The service men who gave their lives to save others. What greater sacrfice could have been given? I talk to my husband about this day because he was on his mission in Italy. His experience was so different. They didn't watch T.V. so they could hear from other people and he would see news articles. I told him that the only thing that I wish he could have been here for was to experience the transformation that took place in America. The overall feeling of love and unity will not be forgotten. Atleast not for me. I worry about the events to come. I worry about sending my kids to public school. I worry and my heart stops during that second that I lose sight of my child. Even though this world is full of wickedness, we can't stop spreading the goodness and love. It is our responsbility to raise children who will fight for what is good and right. Children who will be leaders and who will uphold the values that we teach and share the light of Christ with those around them.

5 comments:

Davis Family said...

I loved your reflection on 9/11. I've been thinking about how much that day has changed America forever. I LOVE love love the new pictures!!! You have the most beautiful girls! I'm glad that this month will be slower for you...I think you should bag the projects and sleep!! Goodness you guys are busy! Love you all!

Leslie Pond said...

I think to myself, "There's work to be done when we're dead." Then I get up because something is nagging at my mind making me feel guilty or lazy if I don't do it. I did read a bood last weekend and I got my backyard planted in grass.

Naylor Family said...

Hey Les! You guys are just some super busy people! How about sometime in those travels you come visit me again!!! That'd be so fun! Are you going to be in Meridian for Thanksgiving?

Naylor Family said...

So for some reason I just got your e-mail from about a month ago when Emily got into baby powder...WHAT A MESS!!! I bet that was a fun one to clean up! Miss ya!

Naylor Family said...

Hey Les- I am going to be in Boise for Thanksgiving. We don't get in until Thanksgiving day, and leave EARLY Tuesday Morning. Hopefully we can see eachother, I'd love to meet Katelyn! I bet she is so fun! This stage is so great, I am loving every moment! Tell Eric and Whitney congrats from us, do they have a blog? Take care!


The Whole Herd