I feel as if my life is never going to slow down. At the very beginning of this year we purchased our 1st home. I didn't even have a chance to get too excited because I was so annoyed that it was already 2 months over it's original completion date and I was about to pop with our second baby girl. I was so relieved when we moved in only 2 short, very short weeks before Katelyn was born. I almost got every box unpacked and what do you know I was exactly 3 weeks early just like I was the 1st time around. Kately was a healthy 7 lbs. 9 oz. and was quite anxious to enter the world. She wasn't about to let me wait for my epidural. Yikes!!! My mom made it over just as I was being released from the hospital and stayed for a week. The day before she left Dylan left for his nephew's funeral which left me all alone. I do not recommend that for any new mother whether it be your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, or whatever child. Emily got sick and there I was taking care of my newborn and taking care of my sick 2 year old and trying to keep it from spreading. Dylan wasn't even home for a week before he had to fly out to New York for more job training. Meanwhile Emily got her first ear infections. That was a blast! In March my youngest sister came and spent spring break with me. A few days after she left Dylan's parents arrived, then mine. Katelyn was blessed on Easter Sunday and it was a beautiful blessing. Dylan and I had to speak in church that day. Girls, if ever your husbands are called to a leadership position where he has any say in this kind of thing NEVER let him ask a new mother to speak on the day of the baby blessing. For some reason I couldn't turn him down so family and friends got to hear me give a scatter brain give a talk that I was not prepared to give. In May Dylan was off again to New York for more training. A few days after he returned home My other sister came to visit. The very next weekend we drove to Boise for Dylan's nephew's baptism. 4 weeks later we drove to Boise, then on to Idaho Falls for the 4th of July and on to Salt Lake for my grandma's 80th birthday celebration. 2 weeks later Dylan's sister and her family came to stay with us. We had a blast going to the zoo and spending the weekend at the coast. 1 week later we went to Montana for Dylan's horse show. Dylan hauled the horse down and I flew by myself with the girls and that was so stressful. If you can avoid that, I would. My mom flew in and met us at the Portland airport and we drove the hour and a half back to my house. She stayed for a week before she had to go back to school. 2 weeks later they were all back for my nephew's baby blessing over Labor day weekend. Don't get me wrong though. We love visitors and have a blast every time they come. We must love staying busy or something because we seem to plan one thing after the other. I was sitting down reflecting on where this year has gone to. I can't believe how big my kids are both getting. I'm thinking about my long list of projects that are yet to be completed and wondering why I am such a horrible blogger. I have come to peace with this reality because I can honestly say that I have been so busy. I can't believe that September is half way over already. This is my month to get a few last projects done. November is full with a wedding in S.L.C., Thanksgiving, Dylan't huge horse show in Oklahoma, more training in New York in December and then Christmas. Whew! Maybe we should slow down a little and enjoy being not so busy for a change. We'll see if that ever happens.
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Whole Herd


No comments:
Post a Comment