
Dylan had a horse show in Salem yesterday. We were there from 10-4 which isn't the easiest place to be for that long with kids. Emily loves to play in the dirt and be a "good minder."
She knows that when there are horses all over the place mom's not messing around and she better listen so she so innocently will remind me every so often by telling me "I'm just being a good minder," in the sweetest voice possible. I'm still recovering from this terrible cough and it felt so good to be outside. After the show we stopped by Jamba Juice. We were driving by and I begged so Dylan stopped for me. What a guy! I haven't had much of an appetite and it just sounded so darn good. Then we were off to the pumpkin patch.
Some people in our ward have a HUGE farm and each year the wifey puts on a corn maze/pumkin patch thing for kids. It has a bunch of tire swings shaped like horses,. a huge slide, potatoe guns that you launch corn through, rubber duck races, a hay stack fort, and a cute little cow train that the girls LOVED. Emily wanted to keep riding it over and over.
The cow train would take us to the pumpkin patch where Emily picked out her very own pumpkin and made sure to get Katelyn's too. She got Katelyn the smallest, little thing I've ever seen because "Katelyn is just a baby and can't hold a heavy one." Katelyn held it alright and wouldn't give it back. It was a fun evening and by the end it started to get cold. They had fire pits that we sat around and sipped our hot chocolate and ate elephant ears. It doesn't get much better than that.
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Our Fun Day
Posted by
Leslie Pond
at
8:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Whole Herd


4 comments:
oh my goodness! You need to blow up that picture of dylan and the girls and frame it....so cute!! I'm glad you are feeling a bit better and getting some fresh air!
Okay, Landon and I have voted your girls the cutest of the century!
So, I found your blog off Shellee's a long time ago too. Don't worry you're not the only stalker! hehehe
Hey Les-thanks for all your great comments! It was so great talking to you the other day. You should come visit me when Dylan is out of town. I know...you can fly back to Phoenix with me from Boise!! I like that idea! Oh, Shawn baptized Tyler, but in Burley.
Post a Comment