We do the whole basket and egg hunt on Saturday. Sundays can be very busy around our house and this allows us to get the fun done and over with before we focus on the real meaning of Easter Sunday and reverence the day. The girls woke up and found their baskets and then collected some fun eggs hidden around the house. We wanted the girls to experience a real egg hunt so we tried to make it to one at a park in Lewiston and missed it but on the way home we just happened to see one. We got there with just a few minutes to spare and then the hunt was on. They had it sectioned off by age groups so I took Katelyn to the 2 and younger group and Dylan took Emily to her age group. Emily is not very aggressive so I wondered what her basket would look like after the hunt. She actually did really well and Katelyn had her basket almost completely full. I would take Kate to a group of eggs and then she would squat down and gather up every egg. There were 14,000 eggs and they were gone in maybe 2 minutes. I was so uncomfortable that we called it a day. I had been having some really strong contractions all day and wanted to go home and see if they would stop. By the time I got home and timed them I realized that they were only 7 minutes apart and they wouldn't stop. I relaxed for an hour or so and then told Dylan that we better go to the hospital and check things out.
My labor was not progressing so I went home. I wasn't worried this time because I am only 15 minutes away from the hospital. It was exactly my 37 week mark and that is when I had Emily. At this point I was ready for anything. I only had to wait a few more days for Ava's arrival.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Easter Saturday
Posted by
Leslie Pond
at
9:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Whole Herd


1 comment:
No other mom looks as beautiful as you when they are ready to give birth. :) Proud of you...
Post a Comment