Thursday, April 16, 2009

Meet Ava Grace


Baby Ava decided to join our family today and what a sweet addition she is. I'm wondering if she even knows how to cry. :) Not a bad thing though. I started having contractions last night and literally within 2 hours from arriving at the hospital baby Ava was in my arms. What a miraculous experience! I just want to soak in every second with her because I have learned that they do not stay new for very long. We can't decide who she looks like yet. We see features from both of our other girls in her already though. She has lots of dark hair and is so perfect. I feel so blessed to be her mother. What an amazing responsibility it is. I can't help but feel a bit unworthy of the trust that Heavenly Father has in me to raise these three special spirits. Emily commented a few days ago that we have a lot of moms in the house. I questioned her further about her comment to learn that she meant that she would be a mom and Katelyn would be a mom and so would her new baby sister. That puts it into perspective when you think of it that way. Dylan and I are raising 3 future mothers and acknowledge that in no way can we do it alone. We ask for Heavenly Father's help every single day and pray that our girl's will grow up to be worthy daughter's of God despite my many mistakes that I make as a mother.

What a blessing to have Dylan as my husband. I think often how lucky our girls are to have him as their dad. He is so gentle and patient with them. It always makes me take a step back and try to be more patient and understanding with them. What a great day this has been. Thank you honey for being by my side every step of the way. How did I ever deserve you?


14 comments:

Kara said...

Yea! Congrats you guys!

Tami said...

Congratulations! Can't wait to see pictures.

Erin Darrington said...

Hip Hip Hooray! Can't wait to see her!

Kari said...

Congrats! I saw the previous pictures you posted and wondered where that baby was, because you didn't even look pregnant! Good thing everything is going well. Can't wait to see pictures.

Davis Family said...

HOORAY!!! I can't wait to see pictures! Congratulations! I hope you are adjusting well. I love you!

The Mills Family said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures! Those are some 3 lucky little girls you have!
Natalie

Fullmer said...

So happy she is finally here! I'm glad everything went well and you have your sweet baby girl. You are so right though, sometimes I feel like i am so unworthy to be a mommy to these amazing children. I hope the recovery is going well and you are getting some rest. We love you guys and can't wait to hear and see more of baby Ava...LOVE the name by the way!

Debbie said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy you have pictures of her up. It's so nice to look at your blog and "keep in touch." Your preggo belly was way too cute, as is your family and new addition.

The Shaffer's said...

You are such a great Person...I've always thought so. I know those 3 little moms are in great hands. Congrats!

Natalie B. said...

Hey, I heard the news today, or I would have congratulated you sooner. I am so happy for you, Ava is beautiful. I love the picture of all the girls together. Congratulations!

Rich and Cheryl said...

congrats! your girls are lucky to have you as their mom.

Kindall Klan said...

Congratulations! she is beautiful and looks like she fits right in! :) We are blessed to have our husbands. Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he created the family, with mom AND dad! :) Glad everyone is doing well.

Kindall Klan said...

P.S. I am accidentally signed into my sisters account...this is Kara Walker. :)

Dylan + Belen Yettick said...

Hey Weeb & Fam! Congrats on your new addition! She is so precious! I love her name! You are going to need to beat off the boys with sticks in the near future!!! All three of your girls are gorgeous!!! :D


The Whole Herd