Dylan called me one day and said "So I was thinking, and how about you and I go on a trip for our anniversary." He was suppose to go to Vegas with his brother-in-law but that fell through so he asked me to just go with him for a fun getaway. It was one of those crazy mornings as a mom that I really don't have that often. I seriously felt like I could cry and then Dylan called. I probably did cry after Dylan asked me to go just because I wanted to leave the next day. I am really conservative and was very hesitant about spending the money and so forth but I gave the okay to look into it and we discovered that Hawaii wasn't much more expensive than Las Vegas. We are crazy and left about 10 days later to the big island of Hawaii. We drove down to Boise and left the kids at my parents house. They had so much fun playing with their aunts, cousins, and of course Grandma and Grandpa. Dylan and I had a blast trying to soak in as much of the island as we possibly could, but I must say that I was exhausted by the end of each day. I missed out on any chance of a nap because we were always going somewhere. We loved it though! I had to remind Dylan that we would just have to come back so that I could get him to sit still for more than 30 minutes. By the end of the trip I finally got to lay out by the pool and was so happy to finally feel relaxed. We sure missed the kids by the end of the trip though. I am sure grateful to have family that loves the girls so much and that we trust to take care of our babies.
Wednesday, April 15, 2009
Our Fabulous Hawaii Trip
Posted by
Leslie Pond
at
6:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Whole Herd


1 comment:
OOOOO!! I am so jealous right now!! Looks like you guys had fun and what a nice vacation right before the baby comes! We miss you guys!!!!!
Post a Comment