Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Man



What is his name? Dylan Marsden Pond

How long have we been together? 5 years in May. We met in my ballroom dance class that he got talked into taking by another girl that liked him. We had fun in the class and danced everyday. He was my partner for the waltz. Shortly after, we started dating.

How long did we date? 9 months.

How old is he? 27 this Friday.

Who eats more? He does. I come in close 2nd. I do snack more though.

Who said "I love you" first? That would be Dylan. We were laying on his parents couch with Ben and Aubrey on the other one. After the movie was over, each of us just stayed on our separate couches forgetting that anyone else was even in the room. Was anyone as cuddly and annoying as Dylan and I were when we were dating? Anyways, I remember Dylan was just looking into my eyes and he said it. His eyes say it all though and I could tell that he really did. So, I said it back. He really swept me off my feet. I was usually a VERY cautious, looking out for my own heart kind of dater until Dylan came along.

Who is taller? He is!

Who can sing better? Dylan. He is so talented and really has an ear for music. He plays guitar and is currently taking piano lessons.

Who is smarter? I don't like questions that make me feel like I have to defend myself. He's smarter and LOVES to learn. He is very inquisitive and has to find the answers.

Who does the laundry? I don't think that I've ever seen him do laundry.

Who pays the bills? Ever since we started paying everything on-line Dylan has paid them.

Who sleeps on the right side? I do. On the left side we have a glass door that leads outside to the patio and you couldn't make me sleep by that.

Who mows the lawn? Mostly me but I would really like Dylan to do it so I've tried to wait more patiently for Dylan to mow. If I wait long enough he is more than happy to do it.

Who cooks dinner? I do! He likes to have fun in the kitchen and occasionally makes bread, cinnamon rolls, or a fun dessert.

Who drives? Probably him so that I can take care of the kids. He wouldn't mind if I drove though.

Who is more stubborn? That's a close tie. I have really tried not to be so stubborn. We take turns.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me on our 3rd date. He was a gentleman about it and kissed me at my doorstep at the Ridge apartments at the end of our date.

Who asked who out first? He asked me out. That's the man's job. I was quite nervous for our date because it was an all day long date. We took a trip to see the Bar J Wranglers. We walked around Jackson Hole and then went to the show. It was such a fun date and we really hit it off.

Who proposed? He proposed! He wasn't suppose to be able to visit me that weekend because of work. By this time I was in Boise and he was in Rexburg. I spent the whole day with my mom. We went wedding dress shopping (my mom's idea) and out to lunch at Applebee's. I still remember that we had chicken ceasar salads for lunch. I found out later that poor Dylan had been in town all day waiting for me to come home so that he could carry out his plan. He had flowers sent to me and the note said, "Come outside. Love, Dylan." I was in shock wondering what in the world was going on and of course my family was all around me telling me to go. I went out and Dylan stepped out from behind a tree and surprised me. I was so excited. I thought that that was it until he took me by the hand and said lets go. I knew what was coming. He was suppose to propose right then but he chickened out because my family was there watching us. He took me to the Boise Train Depot and popped the question by the pond overlooking down town. It was perfect. We went to Angel's for dinner and then drove up on some hill that overlooked the city and danced. We layed there looking up at the stars just talking about how the rest of our lives had just changed for eternity. Well, they were going to as soon as we actually got married. We went to my parent's house and had dessert.

Who has more friends? I have kept in better contact with all my really close friends that I grew up with but he makes a new friend every where we go. It gets old sometimes but what can I say. People love him.

Who is more sensitive? I am! Dylan is getting in touch with his sensitive side but I've got him beat hands down. I use to joke with his mom that he has got to be one of the most insensitive people that we know. Not in a rude way though.

Who has more siblings? I do. There's 7 kids in my family and 5 in his.

Who wears the pants? We share the pants but sometimes I feel like he gets them more that I do. Or atleast I let him think that.:) No, we really are equal partners in this journey. We each have different roles we play but we are both eachother's number one.



I tag Kara, Jenn, Tami, and Quinn

No comments:


The Whole Herd