Friday, April 4, 2008

The Coast


Last weekend we met up with Dylan's sister Kassy and her family Jason, Cohlton, Porter, and Wyatt. They spent the week over on the coast in Lincoln City with her husband's parents Ford and Diane. We went over Friday morning because Dylan had to work on the coast that day anyway so it worked out perfectly. If you ever stay on the coast then skip the hotel and rent a beach house. There were 3 separate bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, a 2nd t.v. upstairs and a mini kitchen, and the back porch led you right down to the beach. Even though the weather was crappy we could enjoy looking out at the ocean from the cozy living room that was lined with full wall sized windows. We had lunch at the Bay House and then came back and went on an adventure to see the gigantic star fish. It was VERY cold and windy but it was fun. Luckily Katelyn and Wyatt stayed home for some much needed naps.










That night we just stayed in and ordered pizza. I cut up bits of pizza for Katelyn and Wyatt and they were so funny. They were eating so fast and literally racing to make sure that one didn't get more than the other. If one of them took a piece the other one had to hurry and get one and shove it in their mouth.


Dylan and I learned how to play Peanuckle (sp?) and my very 1st hand was a 1500 family. For all of you who have never played that is the best hand you could possibly get and it almost NEVER happens. Diane was helping me with my hand and was absolutely giddy. I had no idea how excited I should have been but judging from the disapointment on Jason's part, who has been playing forever and has yet to get a 1500 family, I had to laugh. And yes, we took a picture as proof.



The next morning we packed up everything to check out and then went to Pig 'n Pancakes for breakfast. We have to eat breakfast there everytime. Then we drove up to Tillamook to go get some cheese samples and eat their ice cream. I have never had better ice cream. It was so creamy and fresh. They also make their waffle cones which were a little soft and almost as good as the icecream itself. After that it was time to say goodbye and let them go catch their plane. We love hanging out with you guys and always have so much fun. We love your family so much! Thanks for inviting us and thanks to Ford and Diane for always making us feel like family. We hope to see you again soon. Emily misses her cousins. We love you!

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Leslie, we went private. I sent an invite to your byui account, but I don't know if you use that! Let me know! Kimberly


The Whole Herd