Monday, April 7, 2008

Congratulations!!!

A big congratulations to my amazing husband. He truly is special, brave, charismatic, adventurous, and a very hard worker. He loves to learn and is very goal oriented. Our previous employment was just not something that he woke up every morning looking forward to doing. It was mundane and boring. Our choice was to stay with the current company, be promoted but still be doing something that he was not passionate about, or to pursue an opportunity with Synthes as a medical device rep. We chose the latter and were successful in being hired on to work in IDAHO! Yes, the down side is that we have to put our house up for sale, leave our newly found friends and go through the torturous first year of learning a new job all over again. But this job is very exciting. He will be on call and get to scrub up and be in surgery to over see that the devices be properly placed to correct injuries dealing with bones. The surgeons actually count on these device reps as their right hand man. He will be in the trauma unit but hopefully the town that we are moving to won't keep him away from us too much. I am so proud of Dylan! Once again he has succeeded. It's not official until we sign the contract in about a week but we have the verbal offer and that is good enough for me. By no means has this been an easy decision. It seems like we just barely got comfy where we were at. I don't know why we can't seem to stay put for very long. I love you honey! I'll follow you anywhere as long as we're together. Well, here goes nothing.

10 comments:

The Shaffer's said...

Yeah! Congrats! That is wonderful! What part of Idaho? Where will you be moving?
Hope all is well...you two have created such a beautiful family!

The Goldthorpe Family said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting, but I do feel sorry for you that you have to sell your home, sorry about that :( Hopefully you will like Lewiston as much as you liked Oregon!

Jenn said...

We will be sad when you move, but we understand that it is a great opportunity for Dylan! I hope all goes well!!!

Kami Satterlee said...

That's so exciting! Congrats to you both!

Unknown said...

Congrats and good luck! Where in ID are you going?

Fullmer said...

Congrats guys! I'm sure this will be the perfecto move for your little family, even though moving can be so stressful and scary! It's definitly worth having a happy husband when they come home from work! Let us know how the move goes and hope you had fun in Mexico!

Shalyse said...

Leslie,

Congratulations to you both! How exciting, Dave and Jenn told us the good news.

We are right there with you on the job change. Brian just took a new job selling a device to the Docs too and he'll be in surgeries as well. Good luck with everything and also with selling your house!!! I'm sure it'll be a very great job!

p.s. your family is so beautiful!!!

Davis Family said...

I keep waiting for pictures of Mexico! I'm sure you are super busy since you just got home from vacation....but hurry up!!! :) just kidding I love you

Kimberly said...

you'll be about 2 1/2 hours from us!

Kara said...

Hey I saw Dylan was checking out our blog so I figured I should return the favor. I'm excited for your new job you should give me a call I would give you one but I forgot to save your phone number the last time we talked and so there has been times where I was thinking about you guys and I couldn't call. So Leslie if you see this first, which you probably will then let Dylan know for me thanks. We miss hanging out with you guys.


The Whole Herd