Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Two weeks notice

Along with so much change comes a storm of emotions and today's emotion is sad. We are continuing to move forward with the job change. Dylan turned in his 2 weeks notice officially today and we are also taking the necessary steps to sell our horse. The horse is what makes me sad today. I already knew that I would sell my house, move to a place where I would not know even one person and into an apartment to top it all off. Well, in order to get into a home we will have to wait for this one to sell and have also decided to sell Little Chex, our horse, in order to put some money down on our next home. Probably doesn't seem like a big deal to you but this horse is very special. We have good memories with her and it really doesn't even feel like she is ours because she is really the whole families. This includes all the grandchildren and especially grandma. Little Chex, I believe has been a blessing for my mother-in-law. Anyways, this mare has been special ever since she was a baby. She would drop her head down low enough so that all the grand kids could pet her and love on her. I would go out to the barn in Sandy's snow suit to help with chores (or try to help because I really didn't know what I was doing) and spend most of the time with Little Chex. She would put her head right down on my chest so that I would give her loves. Dylan always laughed at that but he couldn't blame her.;) She tries so hard to please you and do what you ask her to do. I remember when we were first married, Dylan was training her and getting her ready to show at the National Futurity in Oklahoma City. I felt so bad for her because so much was being asked of her and she was just a baby. Dylan was trying every possible way to teach her the maneuvers and sometimes she just didn't understand. She eventually got it but you could tell that she was sad when she didn't do it right. This may sound silly to you but she really is special and is a perfect horse for me to ride and learn on and also for our kids. And a proven mare with this kind of personality just doesn't come along everyday. I asked Dylan is we could sell her for now and then buy her back later (half joking, half serious) but in a perfect would I will get to buy her back someday. I hope that she goes to a family who will love her and take good care of her.

Do I tell my 3 year old what is going on or do I wait until things actually start to change? What do you think? I haven't told her that we will be moving and this news about her horse just became a reality today. I have to tell you that on Sunday her primary lesson was entitled "I am thankful for animals." I am her teacher and I asked the kids if they had any pets. I went around the class and Emily told the class that she had a dog (her stuffed animal) and a horsey named Little Chex. She then said in her dramatic way "And I love them so much." She started riding Little Chex when she was only 4 months old. I didn't think that it would be a big deal to her to sell the horse because grandma has had her at their house but I'm beginning to wonder how she will take everything. I'm afraid that we're going to have to get her a dog now for sure.

I have so much to blog about. Mexico, Andrea's trip, Tulip Festival, etc. So stay tuned. I will get to them eventually.

No comments:


The Whole Herd