So my sister came to visit us in Oregon for the first time. She flew over while we were still in Mexico and stayed with my brother and his family. Tuesday morning I went over to pick her up at my brother's house and let the girls stay and play with their cousins for a while. I brought her back to my house and left her to watch the girls while I went to buy a truck with Dylan. I know, it sounds random but Dylan has to give back his company car here in a few days and so he needed something to drive around. We wanted to get something here so that we didn't have to pay taxes and Dylan got a great deal and jumped. We now are proud owners of a Silverado. Then, we went out to dinner and came home to watch some American Idol. On Wednesday I took her over to Lincoln City to see the coast. We went to the outlet mall and found Andrea some really cute clothes. She walked out of there with 4 new pairs of pants. Woohoo!!!
I'd say that we were successful. We ate lunch at Moe's and then went to the windy beach to fly Emily's kite. We then headed back home to meet up with Dave and Jenn back at my house for some icecream. Or atleast I thought that we had ice cream but Dylan loves shakes and aparently had made a few and I didn't realize it so Dave drove the truck to get some ice cream for us all. What bad hosts to invite them over and then make them buy the dessert. Oh well.
I somehow forgot to bring my camera to the coast so Andrea bought a disposable one to use for the day. I haven't got any of the pictures from her yet but I did get some good ones at the Tulip festival. Thursday, was our long trip to the airport. We stopped off at the Tulip Festival in Woodburn which proved to be very stressfull because I somehow couldn't seem to find my way back to I-5. Eventually we made it to the airport to give her just enough time. I'm just glad that she didn't check bags!
Thank you Andrea for coming to see us. You are wonderful and I am so proud of all of your hard work. It will pay off soon and I can't wait to come to your graduation in July. She's going to be the first girl in the family to get a 4 year degree and she has definitely earned it. Way to go and good luck on all of the tough decisions ahead. You are doing what you should and as long as you never forget to put the Lord first you life will be directed for good and you will be happy. I love you sis!!!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Aunt Andrea
Posted by
Leslie Pond
at
8:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Whole Herd


7 comments:
How fun to have such a good relationship with Sisters! Ahna, my little girl, watched the slide show with me of your trip to Mexico. She pointed at Emilie and told me she would like to play with her. They would have a blast.
Hope all is well.
Hey leslie, I found your blog today, your girls are so cute! I'm so jealous of you Mexcio vacation!
lets see a picture of this New Ride of Dylan's!
Shellee just told me that you think I don't like you! That made me laugh! I've always liked you! Sorry if I had attitude in high school! I seriously do want you to come and hang out with me! If you need a potty break on your way to your new home, stop by!
I just noticed that Jeremy must have left a comment on your blog. I just think it's funny that I got on to post a comment about how incredibly beautiful all of those tulips are and he got on to post about the truck... :) I love the pictures of Mexico and of Andrea. Everyone looks so cute. You have had a fun filled spring!
Hey Leslie! I was excited to see your blog...your girls are so adorable! I saw that you are moving back to Idaho...what part? It seems like you have been doing well over the years. Kind of crazy to think that it has been 6 years since we graduated...does that mean we're getting old?!? :)
Leslie - you're so great! I give you full permission to use us in your talk (good or bad!!!). Yuck, a mother's day talk - good luck!!!
Post a Comment