Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My date with Emily 4-24-09

Emily has been wanting to get her ears pierced for quite a while now but I am a kind of mom that wants my children to make educated decisions. I make sure that they can be as mentally prepared as possible. Like when they go to get their shots they know that it is going to hurt. Well, I told Em that getting her ears pierced will hurt a little and told her exactly what they do and the loud pop the gun makes. She wanted to know how bad it would hurt so I gave her ear lobe a little pinch and she started to get nervous. She decided that she could wait a little while. Well, she started talking about getting her ears pierced again and she knew exactly what would happen this time. I reminded her of everything and she would not give up. In fact she was quite persistent. So I thought that it would be a fun date for just Em and I while my mom was here to watch Katelyn and Ava. Emily was so brave and VERY excited. She picked out some cute pink flowers which did not surprise me since they were one of the most expensive pairs. When it came time to actually do it and they puts the guns up to her ears she panicked just a little. I held her on my lap because she kept turning her head to try to watch what the gun was doing. She never cried and was overjoyed to see those pink flowers on her ears. She felt so big and rightly so. She has been brave about a lot of things that she normally would be very hesitant about. That makes mom and dad EXTREMELY happy.



1 comment:

Erick and Megan said...

Her ears look so cute! I think those are the same earrings that we had Lily's ears pierced with!


The Whole Herd