Saturday, March 8, 2008

Katelyn's Birthday



Yes! I know that I am a month late but I totally forgot to post about Kate's birthday. We brought her home from the hospital on Super Bowl Sunday and this year her birthday fell right on it. She won't remember it but it wasn't the best birhtday. We went to church like usual, had meetings, etc. We had my brother Dave and his family over which was great but of course we couldn't stop watching the game to open presents. Silly me for even thinking such a thing was possible. (It was a great game.) So by the time she opened her presents it was way too close to bedtime. She liked a Care Bear card that she got with one of her presents but she was not at all amused by unwrapping the presents but LOVED the cake. As you can see she dug right in. She is not at all shy about what or how much she eats. That's my girl!
I have to say that she has the funniest little personality. She loves to sneak right now. She goes somewhere or does something that she's not suppose to. Then I say "Katelyn" you can imagine the you're in trouble tone and then she turns and giggles and runs away. She squeals and thinks that it is pretty funny. She also is her daddy's little shadow. Usually in the mornings he comes into his office to do some things before he heads out the door. She comes in and makes herself comfy and just sits on dad as long as she can. She is literally his shadow and follows him EVERYWHERE. He has now started to not only close the bathroom door when he is in there but he also locks it. I get a kick out of it and don't even try to help him. Since when can you be loved too much? She also opens her mouth as wide as she can and gives you a big, wet kiss. She is such a happy baby! My favorite moment today was when Katelyn walked up to Emily and layed her head on her chest and hugged her. Emily then kissed her on the head and said "I love you too Katelyn." And then Katelyn proceeded to laugh uncontrolably at her big sister.

10 comments:

Davis Family said...

What a sweet little girl. I love the story about Katelynn hugging Emily...so cute. Don't forget to pray for Jeremy's interview with Salem Hospital!!!

Davis Family said...

Just think...If we lived there, I wouldn't even have to read your blog! :)

Leslie Pond said...

I know! I will remember you guys in our prayers. What day is his interview?

Shalyse said...

Leslie,

thanks for the sweet comment! How are you guys doing? Your girls are absolutely beautiful! I can't believe she's one already..wow, time flys!

Sheila said...

I just discovered your blog! And what a beautiful family you have! It was so fun to read the story about your two little girls hugging. :) Hope everything is going well!

Jill Langston Kaufusi said...

Hi Leslie! It's me Jill from high school... I can't remember if I had already left a comment on your blog or if just thought about doing it. But anyways, I saw your blog on Quinn's page and I just wanted to say Hi and tell you your daughters are so cute!

Fullmer said...

Cute blog, your pics are adorable! I know we just saw you guys a month or so ago, but your kids have grown since then I think! We miss you guys and hope to see you again sometime soon!

Quinn, Alexis, Jayden, and Owen Brown said...

Is that tradition to just let them go at their birthday cake when they are 1 yr. old? That will be fun!

Sven & Trin said...

Hi Leslie,

I just wanted to tell you I was thinking of you and since I don't have any other way of getting hold of you, I figured this would work.

Hope you and your beautiful family are doing well.

Kimberly said...

I sent the inventory list to your BYUI email Kimberly


The Whole Herd