So I think that my kids are absolutely hilarious. The problem is that I get to enjoy them (that's not the problem) but no one else does because I never write them down and soon forget them because more keep coming. So here are just a couple from the past few days that I can remember.
*Tonight as we were eating dinner and for no reason at all I turned to look at Emily just in time to see her SPIT, yes SPIT, quite a bit of saliva right onto my kitchen floor. I was shocked! I tried to be serious but couldn't hold back the laughter. Where in the world did she get that from? She had just gone out to get the mail with dad and he had something in his mouth and spit onto the grass. He's not usually a spitter but ofcourse Emily was with him when he did. Now if she was outside I would not have cared but I had to make sure that she understood that spitting in the house was not acceptable. I had her get down from the table and get a towel to clean up her mess. She was quite confused and worried that she was in trouble. She started to cry and I tried to tell her that she was not in trouble but that we just didn't do that in the house. Kids seriously pick up on everything!!! And she so wants to be like her daddy.
*Tonight we found a new family favorite. We drove the the Hasty Freeze in Albany to get some good old fashion shakes. It was a hit. Emily loved her raspberry shake and Katelyn was offended that we didn't get her one. Dylan handed his LARGE back for her to try and she chugged it. Yes, she amazes me as I didn't even realize that it was at all possible for her to get the super thick shake up through a tiny straw. (I was having some serious issues with my straw.) The cup was a long as her torso and she hugged on to that thing for dear life.
*Monday night we had to drive to Best Buy to grab something for Dylan and the song "Hell Ya" came on by Gretchen Wilson. To my surprise the one who started singing along was not Emily but Katelyn. She kept singing the works "hell ya" over and over and over. I thought that it was the funniest thing and Dylan thought that it was terrible of me to try to get her to repeat it for the camera. Atleast she has no clue what it means, probably won't ever say it again, and the only ones who know what she is ever saying is her dear old ma and pa.
*Our neighbor John just got baptized which made for a VERY cool weekend and when he came up from the water Emily turn to me and said in a not so quiet voice "John got baptized! THUMBS UP!" When her cousin Cohlton was baptized a year ago she said "Cohlton got baptized. HOORAY!!!" We'll see what she has to say at the next baptism. This could get very interesting.
That is all I have for today. They are some seriously funny kids but as exhausting as they are at times, atleast they can keep me laughing.
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Funny Moments
Posted by
Leslie Pond
at
7:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
The Whole Herd


3 comments:
Emily and Katelyn are so funny! Isn't it amazing how funny and entertaining kids can be!
Hi there! I am finding all these blasts from the past through blogger. All your pics are so cute - your kids are adorable!
That story about Katelyn singing is so funny. It is so shocking when you hear words like that come out of little mouths. Bialee used call chips the b-word. I was horrified at the time, but now that she has out grown it, it is one of the things I need to write down. Thanks fo rsharing and good luck on the move.
Post a Comment